Alternative H1 is almost identical to Alternative G2. The primary difference is the configuration of Ramps B and C. Ramps B and C exit from I-295 from the right. Ramp C generally follows (within 150'±) the existing Ramp C alignment (Al Jo's curve) and passes under I-76 and Ramp F before merging with Route 42 southbound. The substandard radius on the existing Ramp C is replaced with a larger radius. Ramp B splits from Ramp C to meet I-76 northbound.
A summary of design features of this
- Southbound I-295 placed above northbound I-295 using a double-decker configuration
- I-295 crosses over Route 42/I-76 on a viaduct on a skew
- I-295 on viaduct over Ramp C and Browning Road
- I -295 on viaduct over Ramp D
- Ramp D on viaduct over I-76/Route 42
- Two lane ramps except for Ramp F
- Removes express/local lanes on I-76 westbound
- I-295 posted speed limit: 55 mph (design speed: 60 mph)
- Ramp speed limits: 40 mph (design speed: 45 mph)
Alternative H1 (pdf 1.5m)
The file listed above is in Portable Document Format (PDF). You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file, which is available at our state Adobe Access page.