To increase understanding of the
goods movement issues, constraints,
and opportunities facing the state
now and in the future, the New Jersey
Department of Transportation (NJDOT)
has developed the first Comprehensive
Statewide Freight Plan. The plan:
- Describes the goods movement
transportation network in New Jersey
from a physical, operational, economic,
and citizen's perspective.
- Produces a synthesis of previous
work and outreach highlighting issues,
trends, challenges and opportunities
in goods movement in New Jersey.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends
alternative options/policies that
address constraints by mode.
- Increases public understanding
of the goods movement and logistics
- Develops better tools and performance
measures to evaluate freight issues
- Strengthens partnerships and coordination
with sister transportation agencies,
other government organizations, private
industry and the public.
Comprehensive Statewide Freight
will need Adobe Acrobat Reader
to view the PDF files, which is
available for free at our state
Adobe Access page.