1997 to 2000 Raw Data Overview
Note: Information is provided "as is" as it exists on the NJDOT Crash Database. Please refer to the
NJTR-1 Form Code Index (R-8/95) for details pertaining to codes and
the key to the raw data where appropriate. This file represents data most used
by public and private agencies. A list of items not contained in the file provided is shown below. Also, please be aware that some 1999 data
is contained in 'countyname'00.txt file because some Control Numbers were improperly assigned to 1999 accident data when the database was
first populated. Such records are at the beginning of each '00' data file.
Our raw data is displayed in comma delimited format.
Control Number represents a unique accident report (first page). Any letters that follow represent subsequent pages of that accident
report. (A = page 2, B= page 3, etc). A pound sign (#) means that 25% of the accident report was unreadable and therefore the data for
that record may be incomplete.
- An intersection is designated when field 56 = "AT" or when field 56 = ('FE' or 'FT') and field 55 < 30 or when field
56 = ('M ' or 'ME') and field 55 < 10.
- Day of Week (field 47) was omitted from the database and if desired must be computed by the requestor.
- Data for the Fields (col 1 in the File Layout table) represent data for only the appropriate report page. For instance, "Total
Injured" cannot exceed 5 for any one report page since there is a maximum of 5 occupants per page. Likewise, there cannot be more than
2 vehicles involved per page.
- To determine if at a RR, use Sequence of Events.
- Some data may not be repeated on subsequent pages of an accident report.
SRI and SRI Milepost were recently added to the database. They apply only to records whose Road System = 1, 2, or 3 and whose Route Number
is 1 - 499 or 700.
- List of data not included:
Policy, Ins Code
66, 88, 89
License and Expiration
To Other Property