STATE OF NEW JERSEY — DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY
DIVISION OF PENSIONS AND BENEFITS
CHAPTER 52 ENROLLMENT TRAINING
Return to Chapter 52 home page
Printable Version of these Instructions - Adobe PDF (80K)
Enrollment training for Chapter 52, P.L. 2011* is provided through the eLearning program of the State of New Jersey’s Human Resources Development Institute (HRDI). To access the eLearning program, follow the procedures described below.
- In order for the Division of Pensions and Benefits to provide training to the Certifying Officer* and the Supervisor of the Certifying Officer,* these individuals must be identified to the Division through the "Employer Demographics" application within the Employer Pensions and Benefits Information Connection (EPIC). See the Certifying Officer Letter of December 3, 2012, for details on EPIC Security and the online maintenance of Employer Demographics.
- Once the Certifying Officer and the Supervisor of the Certifying Officer have been identified by the Division, these individuals will receive two (2) e-mail notifications from NJ.eLearningApplication@treas.state.nj.us The e-mails contain detailed instructions on how to access HRDI eLearning through the State of New Jersey official Web site, myNewJersey.
• The first e-mail is a Confirmation that an HRDI Training Account has been established for the Certifying Officer or the Supervisor of the Certifying Officer.
• The second e-mail is the Training Notification that contains instructions on how to access HRDI eLearning through a new or existing myNewJersey portal account. DO NOT DELETE THIS E-MAIL as it also contains the unique Authorization Code that is needed to access HRDI eLearning and complete this important training program.
Note: If the Certifying Officer or the Supervisor of the Certifying Officer already have a myNewJersey account to access the Division of Pensions and Benefits through EPIC, MBOS, or for use with other State resources, please do not create another portal account. Current myNewJersey users only need to add the HRDI eLearning link to their existing portal account by using the unique Authorization Code. Under no circumstance should a user give their Authorization Code to another user — it is unique to each account and can only be used once.
- Once the Training Notification is received, employers have 2 weeks to access HRDI eLearning and complete the required enrollment training. The online training has embedded video so you must have headphones or speakers for your PC or laptop to participate in the training.
- Because of the differences in the retirement systems, if you are the Certifying Officer or the Supervisor of the Certifying Officer for more than one retirement system, separate enrollment training will be required for each retirement system. However, you will only need to authorize HRDI eLearning access through your myNewJersey portal account one time, after which you can view enrollment training for all applicable retirement systems (based upon your administrative profile).
- After the Certifying Officer and the Supervisor of the Certifying Officer have completed training, all enrollments and/or transfers into a New Jersey State-administered retirement system — whether by online application or a paper form — must be certified by both the Certifying Officer and the Supervisor of the Certifying Officer prior to being submitted to the Division.
*Chapter 52, P.L. 2011, requires that both the Certifying Officer1 and the immediate Supervisor of the Certifying Officer2 must complete required training on the eligibility of employees for enrollment in the retirement system(s) and certify eligibility of all enrollments.
1“Certifying Officer” is defined in the law to mean an officer or employee of the State or of an employer other than the State who is responsible for submitting information to and performing the duties relating to matters concerning the retirement system with respect to each of the employees of the employing location, as required by law, the board of trustees or commission, and the Division of Pensions and Benefits.
2“Supervisor of the Certifying Officer” is designated by the employing location and is required to be the immediate supervisor of the Certifying Officer as defined above.
Printable Version of these Instructions Adobe PDF (80K)
Return to Chapter 52 home page
Return to Top
Return to Top