Services A-Z Departments/Agencies FAQs NJ Home
New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection  
NJDEP Homedepheader
Bureau of Nonpoint Pollution Control
NJDEP Division of Water Quality
Vehicle Recycling General Permit Information
blue arrow Quick Guide
blue arrow Best Management Practices Help
blue arrow Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan Help and Template Sample
blue arrow Forms and Links
blue arrow Frequently Asked Questions
blue arrow Contact Us
left bar Find Forms | Contact Us rightbar

Vehicle Recycling General Permit Information

Frequently Asked Questions

Question: I operate a business in which car owners pull their own parts. Do all the parts need to be removed after they're drained of fluids?


Question: I sell vehicles as whole units. I do not remove any parts. How can I operate under this permit?

Question: Not all vehicles have 'hoods'. How do I properly store boats, motorcycles and/or ATVs?

Question: My local ordinances will not approve of any permanent structures. How can my "Vehicle Dismantling and Fluid Draining" be conducted indoors or under cover?

Question: Can I use asphalt millings for an impervious cover on my site?

Question: Are brake cylinders considered a sealed unit'?

Question: Is there a fee associated with this permit?

Question: Is my stormwater permit transferable if I sell my facility or buy a new one?

Question: Who is eligible under the Vehicle Recycling Master General Stormwater Permit?

This website is for guidance purposes only. Please refer to your permit authorization for specific information.

NJ Home

Department:  NJDEP Home | About DEP | Index by Topic | Programs/Units | DEP Online
Statewide: NJ Home | Services A to Z | Departments/Agencies | FAQs

Copyright State of New Jersey, 1996-2016

Last Updated: January 6, 2016