Permit Administration Section
The Permit Administration Section (PAS) provides information management services and administrative support to the Division of Water Quality. Specific functions performed by PAS include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Administration of the NJPDES database - PAS staff are responsible for the administration, support and maintenance of all NJPDES information within the New Jersey Environmental Management System (NJEMS).
- NJPDES data report administration - PAS staff are involved with the development, publishing, and maintenance of database reports that provide information on the program's NJPDES permit universe. For further information regarding the database reports that are available to the public, please click here.
- USEPA/NJDEP database coordination - PAS staff transmit appropriate NJPDES permit information, and associated monitoring data, to USEPA's NPDES database (i.e. the Integrated Compliance Information System, or ICIS). In addition, staff coordinate and resolve any issues/discrepancies between the two databases.
- Administration of NJDEP Online Regulatory Services Portal (RSP) services - PAS staff are integrally involved in the development, testing, and maintenance of various RSP services that accept NJPDES program information from permittees. Examples of such services include the electronic MRF submission service, the MSRP annual report service, the 5G3 stormwater construction permit service, and the dental waste registration service. To access the NJDEP Online portal, please click here.
- Administrative review of all NJPDES permit applications - Consistent with the provisions of N.J.A.C. 7:14A, all NJPDES permit applications for new, renewal, major modificdation and revoke and reissue permit actions are received by PAS and reviewed for administrative completeness before being forwarded to the applicable permitting Bureau. PAS also review certain TWA applications for administrative completeness. The submission of adminsitratively complete applications are essential for proper and timely processing of applications. For further information regarding application forms and checklists, please click here.
- Processing of specific minor modification permit actions - Minor modification permit actions involving name changes, transfer of ownerships, or a change of permittee are processed by the PAS.
- Administration of Monitoring Report Forms (MRFs) - PAS staff input data from all submitted paper MRFs into the Department's NJPDES database (i.e. NJEMS), as well as manage the Department's electronic MRF submission service. For further information, please click here.
- Administration of NJPDES Fees - PAS staff manage the NJPDES fee program through the preparation and adoption of the NJPDES fee schedule and annual report, the preparation and issuance of annual bills, and subsequent monitoring of fee collection activities. For further information, please click here.
If you have any questions, please contact the Permit Administration Section at (609) 984-4428.