These are the contacts for the Basic Pesticide Training Courses for commercial applicators and operators. Call the contact person or click on the link to sign up for courses. No admittance to unregistered people.
The following trainers have been approved to provide the Basic (Core) Pesticide Training course ONLINE:
• Len Douglen at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mike Reed at email@example.com
• Paul Stanziale at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Stephen Bross Stephen.Bross@dep.nj.gov
CATEGORY TRAINING COURSES (3A, 3B, 7A, 7B
and 8B only)
These courses are offered in lieu of 40 hours on the job training.
Commercial Applicators only (no Operators)
Note that the following trainers have been approved to provide the Category Training courses (3A, 3B, 7A, 7B, 8B) ONLINE:
Mike Reed at email@example.com 3A and 3B
Paul Stanziale at firstname.lastname@example.org 3A, 3B, 7A, 7B
Gary Milsom at email@example.com 7A, 7B and 8B
Autumn Angelus at firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for courses, please contact the trainer or register online through their website:
The Certified Pesticide Trainer Program is intended for instructors who wish to provide the Basic Pesticide Safety Training class, or category training classes in lieu of 40 hours on-the-job training (OJT). If you are an employer who can provide 40 hours OJT, then you should not apply to provide category training.
The purpose of this program is to maintain standardized course content for classes offered as prerequisites for Pesticide Applicator and Operator licensing. To determine if these standards are met, your course content will be evaluated with our most current criteria.
To apply to become a Certified Pesticide Trainer, the following materials must be submitted:
- A completed application
- Resume and/or copies of certifications and degrees held.
- A detailed course description: This must include all subject matter covered. Separate course descriptions must be included for each certification category requested
- Copies of all presentation materials and handouts
- If training will be offered at multiple branches of the same company, include a list of all branch locations, phone numbers and pesticide applicator business numbers for each branch.
(Please note if there are multiple company branches with multiple trainers each trainer, must be vetted through the application process)
- If licensing was obtained through reciprocity, a copy of your primary state license is also required.
Trainer certification expires with the category on the Trainer’s license. To maintain your certification, remember to submit the above materials for reassessment before the end of your 5-year recertification period.