The Office of Equal Opportunity is committed to
promoting equal employment opportunity within
the Department of Environmental Protection and
works to eliminate discrimination and sexual harassment.
We have been delegated the authority to ensure
that mangers and supervisors are informed of their
primary responsibility to maintain an environment
that is free from unfair treatment, discrimination
or sexual harassment.
We will provide guidance in the areas of equal
employment opportunity, develop and implement
programs & policies related to discrimination
and sexual harassment, enhance awareness through
training education and community outreach.
Equal Employment Opportunity is fair treatment in employment, promotion, training, and other personnel actions and benefits of employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex/gender (including pregnancy), marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, familial status, religion, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States or disability.
of the Unit
- Develop an Annual Workforce Plan
- Provide consultation to management on recruitment
strategies and procedures and monitor hiring
- Monitor all employment practices
- Evaluate and investigate discrimination complaints
filed by employees and candidates for employment
- Provide training and guidance relative to
employment opportunity and sexual harassment
- Counsel and advise management and employees
on matters involving discrimination and sexual
- Serve as resource to facilitate mediation
- Enhance DEP's community presence as an equal
- Serve as management liaison to governmental
enforcement agencies and minority community
groups and organizations
- Make policy recommendations that enhance
the DEP's commitment to affirmative action and