navigation bar
  New Jersey Division of Fish & Wildlife New Jersey Division of Fish & Wildlife
njdep home f&w home

NJ Fishing and Hunting License Sales,
Hunter Ed Registration and Harvest Reporting


LOG IN NOW or read the following before proceeding.

If you are on a mobile phone or portable device,
click here to access our mobile-friendly website.
Hunter Education registration not available on mobile devices.



Log In to Report a Deer
Know Your Deer Hunting Location!

Deer, Bear and Fall Turkey Permits Now On Sale
Check Permit Availability

Complete Hunter Education - REGISTER NOW!
Course Schedule
NOTE: Registration is not available on mobile devices; register from a laptop or desktop computer.

Apprentice Hunting Licenses
Available at Participating Agents ONLY

Save Money - Fish With a Friend:
Fishing Buddy Licenses
Available At Agents Only

Saltwater Recreational Registry Program

Know the Regulations!

Aspira is the online license and permit provider for the N.J. Division of Fish and Wildlife. Throughout your transaction the address displayed in the address bar of your browser will be "".

What can I do using this site?

  • Purchase licenses, stamps, and/or permits for hunting, fishing, clamming and crabbing.
  • Reprint a license you previously printed from this site.
  • Purchase a duplicate license you purchased at a license agent (except fishing licenses).
  • Submit a Harvest Report for Deer and Light Goose.
  • Register for a hunter education class or change your class enrollment (March-November).
  • Complete the NJ Child Support Certification without purchasing a license.
  • Purchase your migratory bird Harvest Information Program (HIP) Certification.
  • Submit permit lottery applications, modify an existing application, and check the status of a submitted lottery application.
  • Update your address/personal information.
  • Why do I need to provide my Social Security Number (SSN) to use this site?
    Under the New Jersey Child Support Program Improvement Act, state agencies responsible for issuing certain licenses are required to obtain Social Security Numbers and a certification regarding child support obligations from all applicants. You will have to provide your SSN the first time using the licensing system, whether at an agent or this site.

    What is a Conservation ID Number (CID#)?
    The 9-digit Conservation ID Number (CID#) is a lifetime number which will appear on all NJ fishing, hunting and trapping licenses, permits and stamps. It is assigned during the first use of the license system on this site or at a license agent. It should be used to log into the license system.

    Can I purchase my hunting license using this website?
    Yes, if your hunter education or previous license information is on file in the database. If not, you MUST purchase it at a license agent. (Nonresidents should see the Nonresident License Documentation page.) At the agent you must provide proof of hunter education or a previous year's resident hunting license. Thereafter, you may use this site to purchase your hunting license (fees apply).

    Can I purchase my fishing license using this website?
    Yes. Fishing licenses purchased using this site are issued as a PDF document to be printed on your own computer system; they are not mailed. The PDF of license can also be saved for future printing. Free reprints can be generated from this website. Those wanting a license on our durable, waterproof paper can obtain them at any license agent.

    Can I go hunting/fishing immediately after purchasing my license/permit?
    Some items purchased using this website are printable on your computer system and can be used immediately after doing so. Other items will be mailed to you - ALLOW 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS FOR DELIVERY. Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee. Once you log in and select to make a purchase, you will see a list showing which items you may print at home and which items will be mailed. Please note that you may NOT participate in the licensed activity until you receive your documents. Licenses and permits purchased at an agent are issued immediately.

    How do I pay for my licenses/permits?
    You may pay by credit card or electronic check. Please note that for items that are mailed there is a shipping and handling fee of $1.50 plus 2.5% of the total transaction. Expedited shipping is available at an additional cost. If you wish to avoid these fees, you may visit any license agent.
    This site accepts the
    following payment methods

    Master Card image    Vias Card image
    Discover Card image

    What do I need to get started?
    A valid NJ Driver's License is required for resident licenses. Some items purchased using this website MUST be printed at the time of purchase or reprinted later. Before you purchase a printable item, please ensure your printer is working and that you have a PDF reader (e.g. Acrobat Reader) installed.

    Who do I contact if I have a problem?

  • If you are having a problem completing your purchase, please e-mail Aspira at or call 888-773-8450.
  • If you have general questions about Division of Fish and Wildlife regulations, policies or licenses, please call 908-637-4125 ext. 0 or e-mail
    arrow Youth Licenses
    Youths 10-15 who have completed a Hunter Education course may obtain their initial or duplicate Youth License at any license agent or this site.
    arrow Youth Permits
    Properly licensed youth hunters may use this site to apply for all permit lotteries and purchase over-the-counter permits.
    arrow Farmers
    Farmers wishing to participate in the DFW's farmer permit program must complete an application and receive their certification to obtain farmer permits at an agent or this site.
    arrow Active Duty Military
    Any person on active duty in the armed services of the United States is entitled to purchase a NJ resident license (hunter education/previous resident hunting license requirements apply). Non-resident active duty military customers may use this site to purchase items, but must visit an agent to receive resident license pricing.
    arrow Fishing Buddy Licenses
    Discounted licenses issued at agents only to two anglers when one (or both) has not had a license before or since 2010. More information.
    arrow Apprentice Hunting Licenses
    The Apprentice License allows a person to obtain a license before completing a Hunter Education Course or without documentation of a course or previous year's license. Issued at participating agents only. Restrictions apply. More information.
    arrow NJ National Guard Members
    Eligible National Guard personnel are entitled to free licenses, permits and stamps. These items are not available using this Fish and Wildlife website. However, the NJ Dept. of Military and Veterans Affairs can issue fishing licenses through its website at For all other licenses call 609-530-6866, e-mail or write to:
    MSG (Ret.) Robert Greco
    101 Eggert Crossing Rd.
    Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
    arrow Disabled Veterans
    Honorably discharged resident veterans with a service-connected disability are entitled to free licenses, permits and stamps. Residents who have completed the Disabled Veteran (DV) certification process may use this site to obtain their free licenses and permits, but there will be a shipping and handling fee of $1.50 per transaction for non-printable items.

    Information on the Disabled Veteran program is available on the Disabled Veteran Information page.
    arrow Fishing Licenses for the Blind
    Residents who are legally blind may obtain a free license. Phone 609-984-6213 or Download the Application (pdf, 35kb).
    arrow Fishing License Exemption for Residents Age 70 and Older
    NJ residents age 70 and over are exempt from fishing license and trout stamp requirements. A driver license or other proof of age containing date of birth and physical description will serve as the fishing license.
    General Information Youth Licenses Hunting Licenses Fishing Licenses
    Regulations Marine Licenses Permit Information Privacy Policy
    bottom footer contact dep privacy notice legal statement accessibility statement nj home nj home citizen business government services a to z departments dep home

    division of fish & wildlife: home | links | contact f&w
    department: njdep home | about dep | index by topic | programs/units | dep online
    statewide: njhome | citizen | business | government | services A to Z | departments | search

    Copyright © State of New Jersey, 1996-2019
    Department of Environmental Protection
    P. O. Box 402
    Trenton, NJ 08625-0402

    Last Updated: September 16, 2019