Data Distribution Agreement
I. Description of Data to be Provided.
The data provided herein are distributed subject to the following conditions and restrictions.
SUBJECT DATA LAYERS
For all data contained herein, NJDEP makes no representations of any kind, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use, nor are any such warranties to be implied with respect to the digital data layers furnished hereunder. NJDEP assumes no responsibility to maintain them in any manner or form.
II. Terms of Agreement
1. Digital data received from the NJDEP are to be used solely for internal purposes in the conduct of daily affairs.
2. The data are provided, as is, without warranty of any kind and the user is responsible for understanding the accuracy limitations of all digital data layers provided herein, as documented in the accompanying cross-reference files (see Section 1.14 CROSS-REFERENCE). Any reproduction or manipulation of the above data must ensure that the coordinate reference system remains intact.
3. Digital data received from the NJDEP may not be reproduced or redistributed for use by anyone without first obtaining written permission from the NJDEP. This clause is not intended to restrict distribution of printed mapped information produced from the digital data.
4. Any maps, publications, reports, or other documents produced as a result of this project that utilize NJDEP digital data will credit the NJDEP's Geographic Information System (GIS) as the source of the data with the following credit/disclaimer:
"This (map/publication/report) was developed using New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Geographic Information System digital data, but this secondary product has not been verified by NJDEP and is not state-authorized."
5. Users shall require any independent contractor, hired to undertake work that will utilize digital data obtained from the NJDEP, to agree not to use, reproduce, or redistribute NJDEP GIS data for any purpose other than the specified contractual work. All copies of NJDEP GIS data utilized by an independent contractor will be required to be returned to the original user at the close of such contractual work.
Users hereby agree to abide by the use and reproduction conditions specified above and agree to hold any independent contractor to the same terms. By using data provided herein, the user acknowledges that terms and conditions have been read and that the user is bound by these criteria.
Off of New Jersey's Atlantic Ocean boundary the WMA boundaries (for WMAs# 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16) are set at 3 statue miles where a statue mile is 5,280 feet. This is not equivalent to the New Jersey state boundary. New Jersey's state boundary on the Atlantic Coast is 3 geographical miles offshore where 1 geographical mile is 6,087 feet. This is established by the 1953 Federal Submerged Lands Act.
DATA AUTOMATION AND ACCURACY
Depwmas was produced by reselecting and labeling arcs corresponding to the proposed NJDEP watershed management area and regions from the dephuc14 coverage. Polygon labels were added and labeled accordingly.
WMA 1 Upper Delaware
WMA 2 Wallkill
WMA 3 Pompton, Pequannock, Wanaque, Ramapo
WMA 4 Lower Passaic and Saddle
WMA 5 Hackensack, Hudson, and Pascack
WMA 6 Upper and Mid Passaic, Whippany, and Rockaway
WMA 7 Arthur Kill
WMA 8 North & South Branch Raritan
WMA 9 Lower Raritan, South River, and Lawrence
WMA 10 Millstone
WMA 11 Central Delaware
WMA 12 Monmouth
WMA 13 Barnegat Bay
WMA 14 Mullica
WMA 15 Great Egg Harbor
WMA 16 Cape May
WMA 17 Maurice, Salem, and Cohansey
WMA 18 Lower Delaware
WMA 19 Rancocas
WMA 20 Assiscunk, Crosswicks, Doctors
Note: Some older NJDEP data may not contain .prj files due to distribution procedures at that time. If download does not contain a .prj, please download from:
Please rename .prj to the name of the downloadable filename. (for example: If Head of Tides filename is HOT.shp, please rename .prj to HOT.prj). This allows ESRI software to recognize the projection information.