The Office of Local Government Assistance (LGA)
The office of Local Government Assistance is the direct line between the DEP and all municipal county, and local governments. In addition, the office provides information on grants and loans that help local communities accomplish their goals on redevelopment projects, and other environmental issues. The office provides mayors and other officials information on matters specific to their towns, and coordinates meetings between the towns and agency personal.
- Individual meetings with each town’s mayor and elected officials on specific issues concerning the municipality.
- Office informs mayors of grant and loan opportunities, including Clean Communities, Recycling Tonnage Grant, Green Acres, Dam Safety, and others.
- The office assists with the announcements of grant winners and notification to the recipients.
- The office maintains and updates, as necessary, the Grant and Loan Catalogue. The Grant and Loan Catalogue lists programs that are available through the Department, including project purpose, eligibility requirements, application distribution, deadlines, and appropriate contact information.
- The office consolidates and distributes to municipalities DEP weekly news, outreach initiatives, podcasts, and media opportunities.
- The office represents the department at the League of Municipalities, Conference of Mayors, and the New Jersey Association of Counties. This includes exhibition at annual conferences, coordination of publications and, organization of seminars.
- Vacant, Director: Provides assistance to mayors, counties, municipalities, and the Governor’s office. Works with outside agencies to address issues of environmental concern. Interacts directly mayors and municipal officials by visiting each town in the state and addressing their specific concerns.
- Emily Nanneman, Program Assistant: Provides municipal officials outreach material on DEP efforts and initiatives. Aides in internal coordination to resolve municipal environmental concerns. Assists in the maintenance of all the pertinent databases within the office and manages schedules and meetings.
- Thomas Brinckman, Project Assistant: Assists with the operations of the office and conducts local government research.
- For any environmental emergencies, please call the WARN DEP hotline at 1-877-WARNDEP (1-877-927-6337).
- If you are a private constituent or business with environmental concerns you'd like to discuss, please call our free constituent relations hotline: 866-337-5669.
- If you are a municipal or county government official and have environmental concerns you'd like to discuss, please reach out to our office at 609-633-7700 or via email at email@example.com.