The Registration Section (Section) within the Bureau of X-Ray Compliance (Bureau) is responsible for processing all requests for registration and disposition of x-ray machines. In addition, the Section is responsible for assessing and collecting all fees associated with registered x-ray machines in New Jersey.
Registering an X-Ray Unit
The registrant of the x-ray machine must complete and return to the Bureau a "Radiation Producing Machine Registration Form" within 30 days of installation. Click here to obtain a registration form. Complete the form then print and sign it. Then email, fax or mail it to the Bureau. The Bureau will generate and mail an invoice for the application fee and pro-rated annual fee after processing your registration request.
A registrant must have a radiation safety survey performed for each x-ray installation. The survey must be performed by an individual with appropriate qualifications for the type of the equipment registered. To obtain a list of qualified individuals to perform survey's for various types of x-ray machines click here.
- For information on billing and on-line payments, click here.
- For Information on Temporary Registrations, click here
- For information on the disposition, relocation or sale of an x-ray unit, click here.
- For more information regarding radiation safety survey(s) of the environs see the Machine Source Section web-page.
- For questions regarding inspections email the Bureau.