Educational Events and Things You Can Do to Help
- No educational events scheduled at this time.
- Do you like science and have spare time? Get involved by becoming a Wreck Pond Citizen Science Monitor! For more information, go to: http://wreckpond.weebly.com/get-involved.html
- Become a Wreck Pond Pal
COA created Wreck Pond Pals with the help of citizens, towns, Monmouth County, Rutgers University, and state and federal agencies, to challenge residents to complete small actions in order to make a big difference in a continued effort to protect the health of the Wreck Pond waters and prevent flooding.
Click on the brochure to the right to learn more about becoming a Wreck Pond Pal.
Wreck Pond Outreach & Education Plan
(The following educational events will be scheduled as dates and funding become available.)
- Clean Ocean Action: Wreck Pond Pals (Wreck Pond Awareness Program)
- NJDEP Watershed Ambassador - Schools Programs:
- School Presentations at all 7 schools;
- Enviroscapes teacher training;
- Wreck Pond Watershed & Beach Clean Up
- Rutgers Cooperative Extension – Workshops:
- Build-A-Rain Barrel
- Rain Garden
- Green Infrastructure Demonstration Project
- Sustainable New Jersey tool development for Asset Management & Infrastructure
- Clean Ocean Action: Community Nonpoint Source Seminar Series
- NJDEP: Green Infrastructure Seminar for Decision Makers