Division of Early Childhood Education and Family Engagement
Division of Early Childhood Education and Family Engagement – PK-3
The Division of Early Childhood Education and Family Engagement is committed to enhancing the social-emotional, physical and cognitive development of New Jersey's children from birth through third grade by supporting the implementation of comprehensive services that address the needs of the whole child.
- Provide leadership, resources and professional learning opportunities that support high-quality early childhood and early elementary learning programs.
- Provide guidance and capacity-building for meaningful family engagement in the developmental and learning support for children from birth through third grade.
- Develop and align program standards, teaching, learning, and resources anchored to best practice and current research on early childhood development and learning.
- Develop guidance, modules and other materials designed to facilitate the implementation of each component of high-quality development and learning programs for children from birth through 3rd grade.
- Track, reflect and adjust implementation procedures to improve outcomes.
- Build capacity to maximize the relationship with families to promote development and learning in all areas.
- Enrich services by expanding and including the voices of diverse stakeholders.
- Provide regional and on-site support to strategic staff who facilitate relevant information to local educators.