State Assessment Registration Submission
About State Assessment Registration Submission
NJ SMART will collect PARCC, ACCESS 2.0, and DLM Registration information through the Official State Assessment Registration Submission that will begin in October of 2016. The State Assessment Registration submission is required for LEAs that have students taking the PARCC, ACCESS 2.0, and/or DLM assessments within the current school year. For the 2016-2017 School Year, students that enter at any time during the submission period must be submitted to SID Management within NJ SMART first to allow these newer students to be accepted by the State Assessment Registration Submission.
The most up to date versions of the State Assessment Registration Handbook, file templates, and supplemental resources can be downloaded from the Documents for Downloads page.
Updates to State Assessment Registration Submission:
2018-2019 School Year:
- The PARCC assessment has been renamed the New Jersey Student Learning Assessment (NJSLA).
- The data element of TimeInSchoolLessThanOneYear has been removed.
- Data elements have been renamed:
- PARCCStudentIdentifier has been renamed StudentAssessmentIdentifier.
- PARCCRetest has been renamed NJSLARetest.
- ResponseMathEL has been renamed EnglishLearnerAccommodatedResponse.
- Validation rules have been updated:
- StateAssessmentAccountableDistrict and StateAssessmentAccountableSchool are now mandatory for all students.
- RaceMulti is now optional for all students and validation rules have been updated for this field to allow blanks.
- TitleIIIELLStatus and GiftedAndTalented are no longer required for NJSLA registrations.
- ExtendedTime now validates against the fields of EnglishLearner and StudentswithDisabilities504Eligibility.
- The acceptable value of “PG” has been removed from GradeLevel.
- The acceptable value of “DD” has been removed from PrimaryDisabilityType.
- The acceptable values of DirectionsReadAloudInNativeLanguage have been changed: NAV, POL, and VIET have been removed and BEN, GUJ, and KOR have been added.
- The acceptable value of BrailleWithTactileGraphicsPaper has been changed from “02” to “01”.
- October 5, 2018: Open Practice State Assessment Registration Submission
- October 15, 2018: Close Practice State Assessment Registration Submission
- October 19, 2018: Open Official State Assessment Registration Submission
- December 3, 2018: Deadline Official State Assessment Registration Submission
For detailed information on all trainings offered by NJ SMART, please visit the Training Information page.