Professional Development Regulations
Revised regulations for educator professional development were adopted by the New Jersey State Board of Education on June 5, 2013. These regulations address recommendations from the Governor's 2012 Transformation Task Force, which called for more streamlined structures for professional development planning at the school and district levels, and alignment with the 2012 TEACHNJ Act. The regulations include a new definition of professional development and revised Standards for Professional Learning which are intended to focus on continuous improvement for enhanced student outcomes.
The links below provide additional information about the Professional Development regulations.
- Overview of Revised Professional Development Regulations
- Professional Development Definition and Professional Learning Standards: Overview for Districts
- School Professional Development Planning Requirements
- District Professional Development Planning Requirements
- Professional Development Regulations FAQ
- PD Regulations Code N.J.A.C. 6A:9C