Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]

Home > Crime


Is there a list of crime statistics within NJ posted on the Web?

The NJ Division of State Police posts a list of crime statistics on the Web.

Where Can I Find The Addresses Of NJ Prisons in NJ?

Addresses and telephone numbers are listed online for all of New Jersey's prisons.

How can I find a list of registered sex offenders in the state of New Jersey?

New Jersey law authorizes the Division of State Police to make available to the public over the Internet information about certain sex offenders required to register under Megan's Law.

How do I report child abuse?

To report suspected child abuse in New Jersey, call (800) 792-8610 (TDD/hearing impaired: 800-835-5510). The Division of Youth and Family Services has a list of other hotlines that may be helpful as well.

How can a person receive a pardon?

The governor is the only person who has the right to grant a pardon in NJ.

Where can I find the Administrative Code on the Web?

The New Jersey Administration Code 10a Web page contains information on Administrative Code rule proposals.