Environmental Health

Consumer Food Safety

I feel sick from something I ate.  What do I do?

See your health care provider.  If you think you know what food made you sick, contact your local health department.

For more information about the role of NJDOH and NJ Department of Agriculture in food safety and food poisoning, visit:

For more information about types of foodborne illness and how to avoid getting sick, visit:

For complaints about retail food establishments (restaurants, grocery stores, etc.) please contact your local health department

Last Reviewed: 8/13/2020