skip to main contentskip to main navigation
State of New Jersey Deapartment of Human Services title graphic  
Division of Family Development
New Jersey Helps
NJ 211 Community Resource Website
New Jersey Housing Resource Center
New Jersey Mental Health Cares Hotline
NJ Family Care

You may need to find child care so that you can work. If you participated in Work First New Jersey, you may be eligible for extended child care benefits for up to 24 months after you leave welfare. Once you are earning an income, you must pay a part of the cost of child care (a "co-pay" or fee). The amount of your co-pay changes as your income changes.

You may apply for transitional child care if your child is younger than 13 years old. Even if your case was closed for reasons other than employment and you are now working, you may be eligible.

Let your caseworker know that you have a job, and bring your pay stub to show how much money you earn.

Your caseworker will give you a referral to an agency in your county that will help you find child care.

For more information, call toll-free: 1-800-332-9227.

Transitional Child Care
OPRA - Open Public Records Act NJ Home Logo
Department: DHS Home  |  DHS Services A to Z  |  Consumers & Clients - Individuals and Families  |  Important Resources  |  Divisions & Offices  |  Commissioner & Key Staff  |  Disaster & Emergency Help & Information  |  Press Releases, Public and Legislative Affairs, & Publications  |  Providers & Stakeholders: Contracts, Legal Notices, Licensing, MedComms  |  Get Involved with DHS!  |  Notice of Non-Discrimination  |  Taglines for Language Services
Statewide: NJHome  |  Services A to Z  |  Departments/Agencies  |  FAQs
Copyright © State of New Jersey, 1996 - 2008