Top navigation
Assistance for Hurricane Evacuees in New Jersey

Getting Started




Social Security

Applying for
Services in NJ

Child Care
Cash Assistance
Health Care
Mental Health
Insurance Questions

Locating Loved Ones


Child Care

For Parents of Displaced Families
  • Child Care Aware -- Refers families to local resource & referral (R&R) agencies for help finding child care in their area and information on financial assistance to pay for child care.
    Call (800) 424-2246 or see ChildCareAware.

  • Head Start/Early Head Start Programs -- For low-income families with children up to five years of age. Call 1-866-763-6481 or see Head Start Hurricane Relief Information and Resources

  • Operation Hurricane Katrina Relief, a partnership of the Department of Defense (DoD) and the National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (NACCRRA) -- All military families displaced by Hurricane Katrina are eligible to receive a financial subsidy in licensed child care during this time. Call 1-800-424-2246, or see the NACCRRA Military Partnerships Web site.

For Displaced Child Care Providers

  • Child Care Aware - Use zip code to locate Resource & Referral (R&R) agency in new area to call to report/update operation status. 1-800-424-2246, or ChildCareAware

  • State Child Care Licensing Office - Telephone numbers are available online.

  • National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Affiliates - Professional development and networking opportunities for early childhood professionals: NAEYC Affiliate Web Sites and NAEYC Affiliate Offices.
Bottom navigation
statewide: njhome | citizen | business | government | services A to Z | departments |
Copyright © State of New Jersey, 2005
New Jersey Home Page Citizen Business Goverment Services A to Z Departments Contact Us Privacy Notice Legal Statement Accessibility Statement New Jersey Home Page