You are protected!
Haga clic en el botón "Translate" en la esquina superior derecha de esta página para verla en español.
All New Jersey workers – including members of immigrant and refugee communities – have protections under the law. If you believe you are entitled to overtime, lost wages, paid leave from work, or other benefits, we can help.
ASK WITHOUT FEAR
Worried your employer might take action against you for using or asking about your workplace rights? Our laws protect you from retaliation by a current or former employer.
Independent contractors & misclassification
- Employee vs. independent contractor/1099 worker
- Think you might be misclassified? Learn about the "ABC" test
- Are you an independent contractor who got a questionnaire in the mail from us?
- Notice of Employee Rights & Employer Responsibilities
- Read the report of Gov. Murphy’s Task Force on Employee Misclassification
- Read laws and regulations
Victims/survivors of domestic and sexual violence
Public construction jobs (prevailing wage)