Site Remediation Professional Licensing Board
N.J.A.C. 7:26I - Regulations of the New Jersey Site Remediation Professional l Licensing Board
Take notice that the New Jersey Site Remediation Professional Licensing Board is proposing amendments to the SRPL Board Rules.
The Site Remediation Reform Act ("SRRA")(N.J.S.A. 58:10C-1 et seq.) established the Site Remediation Professional Licensing Board ("Board"). SRRA established a process for remediating contaminated sites, to be overseen by Licensed Site Remediation Professionals ("LSRPs"). SRRA requires the Board to oversee the licensing and performance of LSRPs, and to promulgate rules necessary for the implementation, administration, and enforcement of SRRA.
The proposed rule amendments encompass the following:
- Licensing of LSRPS, including eligibility requirements and examinations;
- Fees to be imposed on and collected by the Board including annual fees and licensing fees;
- Continuing Education of LSRPs, including the continuing education requirements each LSRP must meet and the criteria for approval of Continuing Education Credits for continuing education programs and activities;
- Auditing of LSRPs by the Board, including how LSRPs shall be selected for audit;
- The rules of professional conduct that LSRPs must follow;
- The procedures for disciplinary proceedings including the filing of complaints; investigation of complaints by the Board, actions the Board may take relative to complaints and violations, and hearing requirements;
- The procedures for adjudicatory proceedings; and 8. The prohibition against retaliatory action.
The proposal and the notice soliciting comment are scheduled to be published in the New Jersey Register dated November 7, 2022. A copy of the proposal and of the notice is available from:
- DEP website
- Board website
- LexisNexis Customer Service or (888)285-3947
- Free On-line public access to the New Jersey Administrative Code and the New Jersey Register
A public hearing on the proposed new rules will be held on the following date:
December 20, 2022
Access to the public hearing is via Teams:
Microsoft Teams meeting for Public Hearing Regarding Proposed Amendments to N.J.A.C. 7:26I.
To join on your computer, mobile app or room device: Click here to join the meeting
Enter meeting ID: 215 141 377 952
Enter meeting passcode: NeQ2He
To participate via phone (or if your device’s audio or microphone is not working) use the following:
Dial in phone number: 856-338-7074 and
Enter Phone Conference ID: 441 623 509#
Submit written comments by Friday January 6, 2022 electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each comment should be identified by the applicable N.J.A.C. citation, with the commenter's name and affiliation following the comment. The Department encourages electronic submittal of comments. In the alternative, comments may be submitted on paper to:
Dana Haymes, Esq.
New Jersey Site Remediation Professional Licensing Board
Mail Code 401-06 P.O. Box 420
401 East State Street
Trenton, NJ 08625-0420
Below is the Adoption document which appeared in the January 4, 2016 New Jersey Register. The Adoption document includes the Board's response to comments received on the January 5, 2015 rule proposal.