To better serve the needs of New Jersey’s non-profit community, the Motor Vehicle Commission offers this helpful index of information and services.
- Organizational License Plates - Qualified non-profit community, alumni or military-service related organizations can apply for special license plates.
- Title and register a vehicle - Typically, if you purchase a vehicle from a New Jersey dealer, it will be titled as part of the sales process. If a title was not issued at time of purchase, this
information will guide you.
Licenses- Passenger Transport
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) - Drivers operating vehicles equipped to carry eight or more passengers must meet all Commercial Driver License (CDL) requirements established by State and
- Passenger endorsement - operators of buses or similar vehicles used to transport passengers are required to have a passenger endorsement.
Data Services- Records Requests
- Request records from MVC - qualified businesses can get quick and direct access to driver history abstracts, ownership history and registration and title inquiries under
the Driver Privacy Protection Act.
- MVC Forms Inventory - download forms from the complete inventory of MVC business and individual services.