Instructions for amending your business license, registration or permit
YOU MUST READ THIS PAGE ENTIRELY BEFORE DOWNLOADING AND PRINTING THE APPLICATION
You must submit an application, if you currently hold an active motor vehicle business license, registration (not including vehicle registration) or permit and wish to make any of the following changes:
- Change of Business Address;
- Change of Business Structure;
- Change of Legal Business Name or Trade Name;
- Adding or Closing a Branch Location;
- Adding or Removing a Business Officer; and/or
- Adding or Removing an Authorized Signatory (Dealer Only).
Below is the application, instructions and supporting documents you will need to amend a business license, registration or permit.
- Download the Application to Amend a Business License, Registration or Permit
- Complete Section A. - General Information.
- Complete the specific section pertaining to your change request.
- Complete Section G. - Business Certification Statement.
- Download required documents
- Requesting changes to your business license may require additional supporting documents listed within each specific section. Once you have identified which supporting documentation is required, you must download the motor vehicle forms from the list below.
- Mail your completed application and supporting documents to:
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
Business Licensing Services Bureau
PO Box 170
Trenton, NJ 08666-0170