The 2020 New Year has been called “The Year of Vision,” since, of course, 20/20 vision is considered perfect eyesight. All over the world, people are making resolutions and focusing on achieving the vision they have to live their best lives in this New Year.
Here at the New Jersey Division of Highway Traffic Safety, we continue to strive towards our vision of zero deaths occurring on New Jersey’s roadways. This month, we will hold the second State Highway Safety Plan Summit at The College of New Jersey, where we will collaborate with traffic safety partners across the state as we drive towards zero deaths. You can help us realize this goal by including traffic safety goals on your list of resolutions for the year:
1. Put down your phone and pledge not to drive distracted. #JustDrive
2. Wear your seat belt – every seat, every trip, every time. #ClickItOrTicket
3. Don’t drive aggressively. #ArriveAlive
4. Drive sober. #DriveSoberOrGetPulledOver #DriveHighGetADUI
5. Stay off the roads during heavy snowfall: https://bit.ly/2R7St2M
By keeping these safety resolutions, you will be helping us to create safer roadways in New Jersey so that everyone gets to go home to their loved ones at the end of the day.
I invite everyone to contact our office via phone (609) 633-9300 or email HTSWebInfo@njoag.gov with questions, comments, or suggestions on how we can make 2020 our safest year yet on New Jersey’s roadways. You can also follow along with the NJ DHTS on social media to join the conversation on our traffic safety campaigns all year long:
- Facebook - @NewJerseyDivisionofHighwayTrafficSafety
- Twitter - @NJTrafficSafety
- Instagram- @NJTrafficSafety,
For a wealth of information on a wide array of traffic safety topics, please visit the Division’s frequently updated web site at www.NJSafeRoads.com.
We are listening and we hope that 2020 is your best and safest year yet.