Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal and Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae will host a community meeting to discuss the AG’s “Use of Force Project” and related issues. The Attorney General’s Office is spearheading a collaborative project in which New Jersey law enforcement leaders are designing a new system to obtain police use-of-force data and ensure meaningful monitoring and transparency of such data. The community forum also will address the AG’s Independent Prosecutor Directive – which ensures independent investigations of officer-involved shootings – as well as police training programs related to cultural diversity and implicit bias. Community leaders, advocates and stakeholders are invited to attend the forum, which will include a listening session when AG Grewal, Prosecutor Webb-McRae, and other law enforcement leaders will hear from the community about these important initiatives and issues.
WHEN: Wednesday, January 23, 2019, 6:00 p.m.
- Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal
- Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae
- Director Veronica Allende, Division of Criminal Justice
- Director Thomas Eicher, Office of Public Integrity and Accountability
- Additional Law Enforcement and Community Leaders
WHERE: Bridgeton, N.J. [view announcement]