Emergency and toll free customer service phone numbers


Atlantic Electric (Conectiv)

Emergency Number - 1-800-833-7476
Customer Service Number - 1-800-642-3780


Utility emergency - 1-800-545-7738
Customer Service - 1-800-662-3115


Emergency - 1-800-880-7734
Energy Deregulation - 1-800-436-7734
Customer Service - 1-800-436-7734

Rockland Electric Company
Customer Service - 1-877-434-4100





Customer Service Hotline: 1-888-766-9900
Customer Service for Hearing Impaired TDD: 1-800-547-9085
Emergency 24-Hour Gas Leak Hotline: 1-800-582-7060
Energy Conservation: 1-800-648-0138
Collection Department 1-800-377-8222
Lifeline: 1-800-792-9745
or TDD: (609) 588-7180
Home Energy Assistance Program: 1-800-510-3102


Elizabethtown Gas Company
1-800 492-4009

Union and Middlesex Counties 1-908 289-6400
Elsewhere in Our Service Territory 1-800 242-5830
Energy Conservation Services 1-800 221-0364

To call in for Meter Reading or to provide the company your latest meter reading (if you can)

Middlesex County, Scotch Plains, Fanwood 1-908 574-3377
Other Union County Areas 1-908 289-9300
Elsewhere in Our Service Territory 1-800 242-5830
Administrative Offices 1-908 289-5000



BPU Division

General Information (1-973) 648-2026
Office of the Secretary (1-973) 648-3177

Consumer Inquiries and Complaints

In State (1-973) 648-2670
Out of State (1-800) 624-0331
Website http://www.njin.net/njbpu
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Website
EPA Regional Office #2
(Includes New Jersey)
(212) 637-3725
New Jersey Division of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) (609) 292-2885

Water & Wastewater Emergency Contact Telephone Numbers

Should you have a water or wastewater(-sewer) emergency such as a water main break, low or no water pressure or discolored water please refer to your water bill where you will find an emergency telephone number to call. In the event you cannot locate your bill, please contact your local police department and they will contact the approriate authorities. Please do not call 911 as that is only for life-threatening emergencies.

Water & Wastewater Customer Complaint Telephone Numbers

If you receive service from a state regulated public utility, and you wish to file a complaint against your water or wastewater public utility, please contact the Board of Public Utilities at the following:

Calling from a location in New Jersey, dial (973) 648-2670

Calling from a location outside the State of New Jersey dial 1-800-624-0331

If you receive water and/or watewater service from a municipal water or sewer department or from a Municipal Utilities Authority commonly referred to as an MUA, please refer to your bill for a contact telephone number. In the event you cannot locate your bill, please call the clerk’s office for the town in which you reside and you will be forwarded to the appropriate department for assistance.

Water & Wastewater Company Environmental Information

Should you wish to make an inquiry concerning an environmental issue with your water or wastewater company, please contact the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection at (609) 292-2885 and/or the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency at (212) 637-3725.