Department of Transportation

Contact NJDOT

Please review the topics below first for faster assistance
(Answers to questions we routinely receive are provided below):

  • Pulaski Skyway Inquires
    Please visit
    Click on their "Contact Us" link in the left navigation bar and write them directly.

  • Directory, NJDOT Phone Numbers
    (Services A - Z, State Telephone Directory and Local Names)
    Visit our NJDOT Directory Web site.

  • State Highway Maintenance Issues
    (potholes, deer carcass, highway litter, malfunctioning traffic signals, highway street lights, high grass, damaged/missing signs, guardrail damage or other maintenance problem)
    Complete our online maintenance report form or call 1.800.Pothole.

  • Toll Collection Issues
    Contact the NJ Turnpike Authority

  • EZ Pass Issues
    Contact the NJ Turnpike Authority or
    Contact EZ Pass Customer Service
    : 1.888.AUTO.TOLL (1.888.288.6865)
    Visit the New Jersey EZPass web site.

  • NJ Turnpike Issues
    Contact the NJ Turnpike Authority
    Trash or Maintenance Issues - Complete their Online Mintenance Report Form.

  • Garden State Parkway Issues
    Contact the NJ Turnpike Authority
    Trash or Maintenance Issues - Complete their Online Mintenance Report Form.

  • NJ Transit, Bus, Train Schedules, Mass Transit
    Contact NJ Transit or call: 973.275.5555

  • Damage Claims
    (potholes, construction related, windshield, snow plows):
    Contact the Department of Treasury's Office of Risk Management

  • Drivers licenses, plates, registration, titles, traffic laws, points, violations, inspections and handicapped placards
    Contact the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission.
    Customer Information: 609.292.6500 or (toll-free in NJ) 888.486.3339

  • Trucking Related Issues
    Truck/Trailer Registration Inquiries: 609.633.9400
    Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulation Inquiries:
    Oversize/Overweight Permitting Inquiries:
    MVC Vehicle registration issues:
    International Registration Plan (IRP) temporary authorizations for travel of short duration in New Jersey for vehicles not registered in New Jersey may be obtained by motor carriers for $25 by contacting the MVC at (609) 633-9400, ext. 1
    International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) trip permits are available when needed by motor carriers that do not typically travel in New Jersey, and may be obtained for $25 by contacting the MVC at (609) 633-9400, ext. 2
    USDOT Number Inquiries:
    Contact FMCSA at 609-275-2604 or Visit the FMSCA website
    Log Book inquires:
    Contact FMCSA at 609-275-2604 or Visit the FMSCA website.
    Visit our NJDOT Trucking web site or contact the NJ Motor Truck Association.

  • Real Time Traffic & Traffic Cameras
    Traffic Camera Video Log Requests

  • Regulations
    speed limits, no passing zones, turns, parking/stopping, lane usage, etc
    Visit our Traffic Regulations web site.

  • Report Waste, Fraud or Abuse
    of NJDOT Employees or Assets to the Inspector General:
    Email the Inspector General or call 609.530.3091.

  • Contact your local officials first for the following:
    1. Signs (new or existing)
    2. Traffic Signals (operations/timings/installations)
    3. Speed limit changes and related information
    4. Roadway striping/lane use changes
    5. Parking restrictions
    6. Highway construction related work
    7. County and local road inquires

NJDOT cannot enter a town and make changes in their jurisdiction without the town's consent.
Should the issue fall under NJDOT's jurisdiction, the local officials will forward a direct request to the appropriate NJDOT staff for an investigation on behalf of the municipality.

To locate your town's web site:

    • Go to
    • type your town name followed by NJ
    • refer to your town's "Contact Us" web page.

Don't see an answer to your inquiry above?
Then complete our online form below.
Answers to many inquiries we receive are already listed above
Your inquiry will be reviewed and a response will be sent to you as soon as possible.

*Required fields

(required in NJ only)
(required in NJ only)

Please print a copy of the summary page for your records.

Last updated date: October 28, 2021 10:55 AM