|Last Date for Filing:
||Open to Residents of:
||Burlington County Library
|Description of Jobs and Requirements:
(See Job Specification)
||Posting Title Identifier:
(State, Local, Unclassified)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Burlington County Library System seeks innovative, self-motivated and enthusiastic candidates for the position of Digital Services Librarian.
Reporting to the Coordinator of Adult Services, you will explore, evaluate, plan, and implement emergent technologies to use across the system. You will also:
- Collaborate with both the Adult and Youth Services departments to provide training and support to customers of all ages and library staff on emergent technologies.
- Create a system-wide plan for technology-related programming for all audiences.
- Investigate new ways to serve library customers remotely, through virtual references and/or mobile services.
- Participate in the Digital learning committee.
- Coordinate social media activity with Public Information Office.
- Support ILS and website functions.
- Provide reference services.
- Other duties as assigned.
35 hours on site, 5 hours off site for professional development.
Monday - Friday 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., including one night per week and rotating Saturdays; 4 Sundays per year.
A Master's degree in Library or Information Sciences in a library program accredited by the American Library Association or from a New Jersey College Master's program in Library Science that has been deemed acceptable by Thomas Edison State College.
NOTE: Working knowledge of ILS (Sirsi/Dynix Horizon preferred) and Drupal or similar CMS, helpful. Experience with website development and social media, preferred.
Obtain a valid NJ license as a Professional Librarian within six (6) months of appointment.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES IN STATE, COUNTY OR MUNICIPAL GOV'T SHOULD FORWARD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Burlington County Library
5 Pioneer Boulevard
Westampton, NJ 08060
ALTERNATIVE FILING INSTRUCTIONS: