New Jersey licenses nursing home administrators to ensure the highest level of care for residents
There are several steps needed toward gaining a license as a nursing home administrator, outlined below:
- Download, print and complete license application forms.
Download NH-1- Application for Nursing Home Administrator License
Download NH-6 - Request for Reciprocity Verification of Out-of-State Licensure Status
Download NH-8 - Application for Approval of Administrative Intern Program
Download NH-9 - Quarterly Progress Report for Nursing Home Administrative Intern Program
Download NH-10 - Certification of Program Completion for Nursing Home Administrative Intern Program
- Please pay the non-refundable application fee of $100 through our online payment system. Print the payment confirmation page or the confirmation e-mail as proof of payment. Applications that arrive without proof of payment will not be processed.
- Create an application packet which includes:
- The completed NH-1 and NH-8 forms
- Proof of payment of the $100 application fee
- An official college transcript
- Three letters of reference (other than from your administrator)
- Send the complete application packet to the New Jersey Nursing Home Administrators Licensing Board
PO Box 358
Trenton, NJ 08608
Overnight Services Address (such as UPS or FedEx):
25 S. Stockton St.
Trenton, NJ 08611
Nursing Home Administrators Licensing Board also can be contacted at (609) 633-9706.