Intelligence Management Unit
RENAMED INTELLIGENCE MANAGEMENT SQUAD
- The Intelligence Management Unit (IMU) is responsible for the enforcement of all New Jersey Criminal Statutes and the provisions of the Casino Control Act
as they pertain to the Casino Industry within Atlantic City, NJ. The unit consists of sworn law enforcement members and civilian staff. The primary function
of the sworn member's is intelligence gathering and enforcement. The civilian support staff is utilized for crime trend analysis and record management duties.
- The Unit is responsible for oversight and implementation of the regional intelligence collection plan in accordance with the Division of State Police's planning
and strategy policies.
- Intelligence data is collected, evaluated, coordinated and disseminated to the appropriate State Police and local agencies as it affects the casino gaming industry.
- IMU conducts investigations of individuals and groups engaged in criminal enterprises, both traditional and non-traditional, that effect the casino gaming industry.
- Assistance is provided to law enforcement agencies that are engaged in similar investigations relevant to the Atlantic City casino gaming industry.
- The unit maintains a strong partnership with the Division of Gaming Enforcement.
- The unit strives to forge community and corporate partnerships with the purpose of preventing and disrupting organized crime activities as they relate to the casino gaming industry.
- IMU works in tandem with local, state and federal agencies to advance safeguards against all crimes and hazards which may effect the Atlantic City gaming industry.
- A prime function of the unit is to develop intelligence concerning organized criminal activity, gang, vice, and/or serial crime events, narcotic
organizations, casino cheating and terrorism.
These efforts are accomplished through but not limited to:
- Source Development: Contacts are made to those persons to whom the unit determines could provide essential information to complete the unit's mission. This
provides those persons an avenue to assist in the betterment of society through personal knowledge of events and circumstances to which they have been exposed.
- Deterrence Investigation Collaboration Enforcement (DICE) a raw data collection system conducted via the casino security, surveillance and casino cages
Information is collected, vetted and developed and the data is developed into intelligence, to try and establish crime trends and patterns. This system is
being expanded to industries and business's that are affected by crime in and around the casino district to too further its use and capabilities.
- Field Intelligence Officer Training (FIO): IMU has implemented a program that includes individuals assigned to each squad of the Casino Investigation
Unit (CIU), Special Investigations Unit (SIU) and Financial Crimes Unit (FIU). These FIO’’s are the conduit for the development and dissemination of intelligence
information based on the Division of State Police’’s Intelligence- led Policing paradigm. IMU has included the Division of Gaming Enforcement into this program
and a contact person for each of the regulatory licensing units has been established.
- Casino Contacts: Members develop working relationships with all levels of the casino industry and the enforcement elements both within Atlantic City and nationwide.