You can get your Inspector License at various third-party organizations. It is valid for two years from the date of issuance and you must renew it when it expires.
How to get an inspector training license
Find a training provider in your area and complete the course (8 to 16 hours).
- Pass a written examination with a score of at least 80%
- Pass a hands-on emission test demonstration
Fees and exact duration of course is dependent on the particular school attended.
The inspector license fee is $50.
Topics that will be covered in the inspector training course:
- Air pollution causes and effects
- Purpose, function and goals of the inspection program
- Emissions inspections regulations and procedures
- Technical details and design rationale for emission test procedures
- Emissions control device function, configuration and inspection.
- Emissions test equipment operation, calibration and maintenance
- Quality control procedures and purposes
- Customer service
- Personal safety and health issues related to the inspection process