Change of Address

Instructions for change of address

You are required by law to provide the Motor Vehicle Commission with your current address. Address changes MUST be conducted online.

If you would like a copy of your driver license or ID with the new address, you can order a replacement license after you have processed your address change.


Change Address In-Person

  • Primary ID Document(s) (6 points of ID). See more information about the 6 Points of ID.
  • Proof of address
  • Change fee of $11 to be paid at the agency, if you request a duplicate license with the new address. Pay by credit/debit card, cash, check, or money order (payable to NJMVC)
  • Updated (duplicate) registration documents with new address are $5.
  • Completed Application for Permit/License/Non-Driver ID (Form BA-208).
  • Present the above documents and pay the fee(s).