TRENTON – The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission today announced the Toms River Licensing Center is closed due to a single employee testing positive for COVID-19.
The Toms River facility will be closed until Tuesday, Jan. 12. The employee who tested positive was last in the center on Monday, Dec. 28.
Ten MVC Centers currently are closed due to an employee testing positive for COVID-19 at each location. These Centers are scheduled to reopen on the following dates:
- Wayne Licensing Center – Thursday, Dec. 31
- Newark Regional/Licensing Center – Thursday, Dec. 31
- Rahway Licensing Center – Thursday, Dec. 31
- East Orange Vehicle Center – Thursday, Dec. 31
- North Bergen Licensing Center – Saturday, Jan. 2
- Lodi Licensing Center – Saturday, Jan. 2
- Flemington Licensing Center – Saturday, Jan. 2
- Cherry Hill Vehicle Center – Thursday, Jan. 7
- Manahawkin Vehicle Center – Tuesday, Jan. 12
- Toms River Licensing Center – Tuesday, Jan. 12
The closure of Manahawkin Vehicle Center has been extended to Tuesday, January 12, due to an additional employee testing positive for COVID-19, requiring a revised timeline for staff quarantine.
All MVC facilities, including agencies, will be closed Friday, Jan. 1, for the New Year’s Day holiday.
Customers are reminded that all MVC Vehicle Centers are open by appointment only, with no walk-ins allowed, while MVC Licensing Centers still accept walk-in customers for select transactions, including new licenses, permits, or non-driver IDs.
Appointments at Vehicle and Licensing Centers are scheduled 30 days in advance at NJMVC.gov. The MVC adds thousands of appointments each day, though they are subject to cancellation for COVID-19 reasons.
To best secure an appointment, customers are encouraged to check early in the morning and at multiple MVC locations.
Customers should always log on to NJMVC.gov to check the status of locations before visiting any MVC facility. Customers also can identify whether a transaction is available online, by appointment, or by walk-in using the “How do I…?” Cheat Sheet in the Quick Links on the MVC home page.