Fugitive Apprehension Unit (FAU)
The Fugitive Apprehension Unit conducts investigations to locate parole absconders, and conducts missions to capture them and return them to incarceration.
The Fugitive Apprehension Unit members are deputized by the U.S. Marshals Service, with the authority to make arrests outside of New Jersey and return the offender to New Jersey through the extradition process. As members of the U.S. Marshals Service New York/New Jersey Regional Fugitive Task Force, the State Parole Board's Fugitive Apprehension Unit members also aid in the investigations and arrests of fugitives sought by other law enforcement agencies.
Any individuals who have information about a parole absconder are asked to call the State Parole Board tipline, at 1-800-668-7025, or submit your tip online using the information below.
- To obtain information regarding an offender, you may visit the Department of Corrections’ “Offender Search Engine” at: https://www20.state.nj.us/DOC_Inmate/inmatefinder?i=I.
- To request information from the State Parole Board regarding an offender that has been paroled, you may contact the State Parole Board via e-mail at: NJSPB_Public_Info_Office@spb.state.nj.us.
- To request records from the State Parole Board pursuant to the Open Public Records Act (OPRA), you may obtain an OPRA request form at: http://www.state.nj.us/parole/docs/opra.pdf.
- To submit an anonymous tip regarding a parolee or parole absconder, you may submit your tip via
e-mail at: SPB-Fugitive-Tip-Submit@spb.nj.gov.
- To obtain information regarding sex offenders, you may access the New Jersey Sex Offender Internet Registry at: http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/reg_sexoffend.html.