IMPORTANT NOTICE OF FUNDING AVAILABILITY - AUGUST 2016
Please see the MAIN DEVELOPER PAGE HERE for all updates regarding the Notice of Funding Availability (“NOFA”) for projects seeking a reservation of volume cap in conjunction with HMFA’s Multifamily Tax Exempt Bond Financing Programs.
UNIAP is the Unified Application for HMFA Multifamily Rental Housing Production Programs. It is the one place to go to apply for:
- Multifamily Financing Programs - (Three  complete sets required at submission)
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits - (Two  complete sets required at submission)
- Multifamily Preservation Lending Program
- Supported Housing and Special Needs Programs - (Two  complete sets required at submission)
Projects often require funding from more than one of the programs listed above. The UNIAP consolidates the application process across programs, in order to reduce the number of forms you need to fill out.
Before Applying: Review the program information available on this website and the program guidelines within the UNIAP. Please contact the appropriate program staff, particularly if you are seeking Special Needs financing, for pre-application guidance and instructions.
9% Application Deadlines
- Family, Senior and Supportive Housing Cycles: Noon on July 24th, 2015
- Mixed Income Reserve: Rolling from June 29th until 12:00 Noon on August 20th, 2015
Any current Tax Credit owners planning to submit applications for the 2015 9% tax credit round are advised to contact their Compliance Analyst to verify there are no uncorrected noncompliance issues with current properties. Please view our Compliance Analyst list (61k PDF) for contact information.
The underwriting guidelines shall be as follows:
Equity Range: $.93 - $1.00
Applicable Percentage: 7.5% for the 70% present value credit
3.2% for the 30% present value credit
The 2015 UNIAP is now available. See below for Application, Guides and Worksheets. (You will need Microsoft Word and Excel installed on your computer to open the .doc and .xls files, respectively.)
- UNIAP Part I (343k DOC)
- UNIAP Part I Guidelines (156k PDF)
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) Application (396k DOC)
- LIHTC Application Appendix (3.25MB PDF)
- Energy Benchmarking Manual (634k PDF)
- Form 10 - Construction/Permanent Financing LIHTC (728k XLS)
- Form 10 - Permanent Financing Only LIHTC (772k XLS)
- UNIAP Part II - Eligibility (85k XLS)
- UNIAP Part III - Points (2MB XLS)
- UNIAP Part IV - Project Costs (364k XLS)
- Multifamily Appendix (5.9MB PDF)
Please contact the Tax Credit Division at 609-278-7629 with questions.