If you are a registered business in New Jersey your business or members of your staff may be required to hold professional or occupational licenses. Below you will find Frequently Requested License and Registrations.
You may also need construction or safety permits, or environmental licenses for some business activities. Below you will find references to common permits, licenses and certifications.
If you are not yet registered as a business in New Jersey, go to the Starting a Business tab to register, and then return here for licensing requirements.
- Home Improvement Contractors & Landscapers
- Child Care Centers
- Limousine Companies
- New Home Builder Registration and Renewal
- Combined Cigarette License Application [pdf 171KB]
- Restaurants and Food Preparation for Retail Sale
- Lead Hazard Abatement Contractor [pdf 152KB]
- Asbestos Safety Technician
- Telemarketing Companies [pdf 151KB]
- Employment Agency including Temporary Employment, Nurse Registry, Home Health Aid, etc.
- Pesticide Applicator / Operator / Business
- DEP’s Online Business Portal
- Permit Coordination & Environmental Review
- Environmental Business Assistance Resources
- Environmental Permits and Regulations
- Compliance Assistance
- Occupational Safety & Health
- Bureau of Environmental Radiation
- Certificate of Radon Testing & Mitigation Business
- Radio Frequency Heaters, Sealers and Industrial Ovens
- Nonpoint Pollution Control Permits
- Shellfish Harvesting Permits
- The Environmental Laboratory & Measurements Certification Program