Graduation Assessment Requirements
On June 5, 2019, the New Jersey Department of Education (NJDOE) updated the high school graduation assessment requirements in both English language arts (ELA) and mathematics for the classes of 2019 through 2022, pursuant to an amended Consent Order issued by the Appellate Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
The requirements listed for the classes of 2023–2025 were adopted by the New Jersey State Board of Education on September 8, 2021.
High School Graduation Assessment Requirements by Class
The graduation assessment requirements provide clarifications and updates regarding the graduation assessment requirements for the classes of 2023–2025.
Graduation Portfolio Appeal—Updated Guidance Forthcoming
- ELA: Informational Guide for Portfolio Appeals Process
- Mathematics: Informational Guide for Portfolio Appeals Process
- Portfolio Appeals Submission Process (Forthcoming)
- Special Populations Guidance for Portfolio Appeals
- ELA: Portfolio Appeals Cover Sheet
- Mathematics: Portfolio Appeals Cover Sheet
- Portfolio Appeals Education Proficiency Plan (EPP) (Forthcoming)