NJSLA/NJGPA Resources for Districts
The New Jersey Student Learning Assessments (NJSLA) are statewide assessments that assess students’ progress toward the New Jersey Student Learning Standards in English Language Arts (ELA), mathematics, and science. The New Jersey Graduation Proficiency Assessment (NJGPA) consists of an ELA and a mathematics component to be administered to students in grade 11 for the purpose of meeting the state graduation assessment requirement. Each assessment is typically administered in computer-based (CBT) format, although paper-based testing (PBT) is available as an accommodation. ELA assessments will focus on writing effectively when analyzing text. Mathematics assessments will focus on applying skills and concepts and understanding multi-step problems that require abstract reasoning and modeling real-world problems, precision, perseverance, and strategic use of tools. Science assessments will focus on applying scientific concepts and practices within the domains of Earth & space, life, and physical science. Students will demonstrate their acquired skills and knowledge by answering selected-response items, constructed response items and technology-enhanced questions.
For additional information visit New Jersey Assessments Resource Center and NJSLA-S Information and Downloads.
Statewide Assessments Unit Testing Times
Testing Schedule and Key Dates
Forms and Templates
- Sample Template for Parental Notification of Standardized Assessments
- Sample cover letter for mailing of NJSLA Individual Student Reports
- Sample cover letter for mailing of NJGPA Individual Student Reports
- Sample cover letter for mailing of Start Strong Individual Student Reports
- 2022 NJSLA Results Sample PowerPoint Template
- 2022 NJGPA Results Sample PowerPoint Template
- 2022 Start Strong Results Sample PowerPoint Template