STEP 1: Show 2 proofs of residential address
Select 2 of the following:
STEP 2: Show 1 proof of full SSN
Get a copy of your Social Security Card
Select 1 of the following:
STEP 3: Select 6 points combined from primary and secondary.
2 + 1 + 6 = REAL ID
- Social Security Card
- Valid NJ Driver License/Non-Driver ID or a Commission issued driver license renewal
- Utility or credit card bill issued in the past 90 days
- US or US Territory birth certificate or certified copy filed with a state office of vital statistics or equivalent agency in the individual’s state of birth
- Unexpired standard photo driver license from any state including NJ and the District of Columbia
- Unexpired standard non-driver identification card from NJ
Note: Financial information can be blacked out.
Note: Please be sure to bring any applicable name change documents that may be related to your selected documents.
You have now completed all of the steps necessary to prepare for the MVC’s REAL ID Verification. To ensure that your trip to the MVC goes as smoothly as possible, print this page and bring it, along with your selected documents, to a Motor Vehicle Agency.
Get It Right the First Time!Every ID document you show must be an original, or a certified copy marked with a state or municipal seal. If any of your documents don’t meet this requirement, or if any appear altered or false or are deemed invalid for any reason, you may be required to submit additional documentation. Submitting your Social Security number is required by state law.
Note for Married Women and others with Name Changes
You may need more than a marriage certificate to verify your name change! Please check the Names Must Match page to ensure your documents will work for REAL ID.