Task Forces are an important component of the NJGF. As a need arises, the Executive Committee can establish a Task Force to meet a defined set of goals over a specific period of time. Forum members can volunteer to participate on one or more Task Forces. Each Task Force has a liaison on the Executive Committee. It is through this liaison that Task Forces can formally bring issues to the Executive Committee for discussion. If necessary, the issue can be raised at a NJGF meeting, and go as high as the Governor's Office for action. Thus, the members of Task Forces are truly empowered.
Current Task Forces:
Elevation Task Force
- Provide an inventory of high-resolution elevation data currently available in New Jersey
- Identify planned and proposed high-resolution elevation data acquisition projects at the federal, state, and local levels
- Document the uses and benefits of high-resolution elevation data
- Prepare cost estimates for completing a seamless statewide high-resolution elevation dataset
- Identify potential funding sources
Chair: Roger Barlow
Executive Committee Liaison: Andy Rowan
Trails Task Force
Mission: To develop a methodology for creating and maintaining statewide datasets of trails and trailheads.
- Identify stakeholder needs & uses of dataset
- Identify types of trails to be mapped
- Discuss existing data standards
- Inventory existing trail datasets in NJ
- Develop attribute and schema standards
- Identify a strategy for creating, updating, and hosting data
Chair: Tanya Nolte
Co-Chair: Brandee Chapman
Executive Committee Liaison: Mike Shanahan
- Data Intake - Tanya Nolte, Chair
- RFQ Draft - Brandee Chapman, Chair
Geodetic Task Force
Mission: To get a comprehensive understanding of the new datums being put forth by the National Geodetic Survey and potential impacts and plan to implement statewide.
- Research and provide guidance on Transformation tools between datums, between Cad and GIS, and between State Plane systems, and on software and hardware changes related to the datum changes.
- Produce Best Practice and Standards documents for data and metadata collection, processing, publication, and documentation, including model RFP language, with respect to the new datums.
- Produce education materials for GIS users, GIS data producers, surveyors, field data collectors, and decisionmakers. Plan education campaign for professional groups and decision makers.
- Identify and formulate necessary legislation changes in coordination with the New Jersey Society of Professional Land Surveyors (NJSPLS).
Chair: Edith Konopka
Executive Committee Liaison: Gary Veenstra
View meeting documents here.