Governor Chris Christie • Lt.Governor Kim Guadagno  
The Official Web Site For The State of New Jersey - Department of Treasury
Global Navigation
FAQs Departments/ Agencies Services A to Z NJ Home Page
Division of Taxation
You may change your tax/employer registration by filing Form REG-C-L (Request for Change of Registration Information). You may file the following changes via the online REG-C-L:
  • Changes in filing status (partnerships and proprietorships only);
  • Reporting a new business mailing address;
  • Changes in business tax or employer eligibilities; and
  • Replacing your temporary tax/employer ID with your official tax/employer ID.

File online now

All other changes, in addition to those shown above, can be made by filing a paper REG-C-L. Click here to download it.
Please note that you cannot use the REG-C-L for the following purposes

  • Register a new business for tax/employer purposes or register a new location for an existing business. File a Business Registration Application, Form NJ-REG instead.
  • Purchase or sale of a business. The new owner(s) must file a NJ-REG form.
  • Changes in legal structure or ownership type – e.g., the business changes from a proprietorship to a partnership or LLC). For registry purposes, the resulting entity is a new business. Complete the appropriate steps in the registration cycle online via the NJ Business Gateway.
  • Amendments to original business entity charter documents such as amendments to certificates of incorporation. File the appropriate amendment form.
Last Updated: Wednesday, 06/05/13

Revenue: Home | Registrations | Certifications | Tax Filings | NJBGS | Refund Policy | Contact us
Treasury: Home | ServicesPeopleBusinesses | Divisions/AgenciesFormsContact Us
NJ Home | Services A to Z | Departments/Agencies | FAQs
Copyright © State of New Jersey, 1996 -
This site is maintained by the Division of Revenue and Enterprise Services.

Accessibility Statement Legal Statement Privacy Notice Contact Us Open Public Records Act