- 2016 Income Tax Information
You can complete Form REG-C-L or use the Division of Revenue’s On-Line Registration Change Service.
Addresses are automatically updated when Income Tax returns or Property Tax Relief applications are filed by paper. You can also choose one of the options below to notify the Division of Taxation of your new address..
- Email your request.
- Do not send your social security number via email.
- When you email, we will ask for additional information which you can send by fax or mail. Please follow the special instructions provided in our reply email.
Visit a Regional Office
- Call our Customer Service Center at (609) 292-6400
- Representatives are available Mondays 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Tuesday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding State holidays.
- When a State holiday falls on a Monday, we will extend our hours on the following Tuesday.
- When you call, you must have a copy of a New Jersey tax return you filed or a bill you received from the Division of Taxation to refer to at the time of your call.
Your NJ income tax return
For help in person, our offices are open, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding State holidays.
Bring a valid government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport.
If you do not have a government-issued photo ID, bring two forms of identification
If you are an authorized representative of the taxpayer(s), you must also bring a completed and signed Form M-5008-R, Appointment of Taxpayer Representative.
- Enter your new address on your New Jersey income tax paper return and fill in the “Change of Address” oval or box. Do not use the pre-printed address label.
What information will I need to provide when I contact the Division?
- Your social security number (Do not send via email.)
- Your old address
- Your new address
- An income or deduction amount from your New Jersey income tax return or an amount from a bill you received (when you contact us by phone)