New Jersey Department of Education

New Applicant Request

  1. Access the Office of Student Protection’s direct web address to begin the process.  Click on Office of Student Protection.  Click on “File Authorization and Make Electronic Payment.”  
  1. Select the first option: “New Administration Fee Request (New Applicants Only)” and enter your Social Security number to ascertain if you are eligible for the process.  The screen displays four (4) options as to the job position(s) and employer.  Please select the appropriate option and proceed to next screen. 
  1. Complete the requested applicant information to include the county, district, school or contractor code names furnished to you by your employer) and proceed to the Legal Certification.  In order to continue with the ePayment process, read and accept the terms of the Applicant Authorization and Certification form by checking the box.   
  1. Please complete the required payment information.  There is an $11.00 administrative fee for the department to process the request and issue an approval letter.   Methods of payment are Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover credit cards.            

You must click the “Make Payment” button only one time to complete the transaction.  

  1. After completing the transaction, you will be presented with two required steps:
    1. View and/or print your New Administration Fee Payment Request confirmation page
    2. Click here to schedule your fingerprinting appointment. 
  1. Select the first option “View and/or print your New Administration Fee Payment Request confirmation page” and print a copy of the receipt by clicking the print button in the upper right corner of the page and presenting a copy to the employing entity. 
  1. Access the Idemia web page by selecting the second option “Click here to schedule your fingerprint appointment” or calling 1-877-503-5981 to schedule a fingerprint appointment. 
  1. About two weeks after you get fingerprinted, you will be able to view and print your “Applicant Approval Employment History” by accessing the Office of Student Protection website. Give a copy to your employer.

to top