School Health Professionals
In New Jersey, a certified school nurse must complete specific requirements and be licensed not only by the New Jersey Board of Nursing but by the Department of Education. Registered nurses may be used to supplement the services of the certified school nurse.
School Nurse Resources
- School Nurse Certification Requirements
- School Nurse Childhood Obesity Prevention Education
- Code of Ethics
- Promoting Health and Learning School Nursing Practice in New Jersey’s Public Schools
- Whole School, Whole Child, Whole Community (WSCC)
New Jersey School Physicians must be licensed to practice medicine or osteopathy. The school physician plays a critical role in shaping the services provided in the school and supporting the delivery of school health services through sound protocols and procedures.
- N.J.A.C. 6A:16-2.3 Health Services Personnel (Includes job responsibilities for school physicians)