Green Jobs for a Sustainable Future
The 2022 Council on the Green Economy Report:
The 2022 One Year Plan
The 2022 New Business Leaders Green Workforce Development Pledge
On September 21, 2022, in addition to introducing the New Jersey Council on the Green Economy report, Governor Murphy also announced the release of the Corporate Green Workforce Development Pledge, a collaborative statement designed to maximize well-paying green jobs in the state to benefit a diverse workforce.
The pledge, signed by DSM, IKEA, Hackensack Meridian Health, Hugo Neu, Siemens, and Unilever, complements the Green Jobs Report by demonstrating the robust corporate support for their goals and setting a standard for other state employers to follow.
The pledge commitments are to grow New Jersey’s green economy by:
- Supporting high-quality, family-sustaining jobs for New Jersey residents;
- Training, educating and building career pathways for a diverse, well paid workforce;
- Offering resources that support an inclusive workplace and contribute to the success of a diverse workforce;
- Making investments that provide benefit to, and where possible are centered in, our local communities; and
- Supporting New Jersey in meeting its aggressive climate, clean energy and other sustainability targets.
View the pledge here.
The Governor’s Office of Climate Action and the Green Economy, in partnership with the NJ Department of Environmental Protection, has announced the Building our Resilient, Inclusive, and Diverse Green Economy (BRIDGE) initiative, a $5M funding opportunity for innovative approaches to building and supporting a diverse, inclusive green workforce for all New Jerseyans.
Notice of Funding Availability linked here.
Answered questions to the Notice can be found here.
The window for proposals closed on February 6th, and proposals are currently under review.
Report Table of Contents