The Office of the Governor will issue proclamations and letters of support for certain events and personal accomplishments deserving of recognition or to increase awareness of a significant issues of importance in the State of New Jersey. These public service documents are strictly honorary and are not legally binding. Please review the following requirements prior to submitting a request.
Policy for Proclamation requests:
- Proclamations are reviewed by the Governor’s office on a case-by-case basis and we reserve the right to decline any request received.
- All requests are encourage to be submitted via the web form below.
- Requests must be made to the Governor’s office 6-8 weeks in advance of date needed.
- Draft language submitted may be edited or revised without notice at the discretion of the Governor’s office.
- Proclamations must hold statewide significance.
- The issuance of a proclamation does not constitute an endorsement by the Governor.
- Congratulatory letter from the Governor to a retiree are approved at the discretion of the Governor’s office.