Skip to main navigationSkip to News Headlines
Global Navigation
Office of The Attorney General
The State of New Jersey Office of The Attorney General (Dept. of Law & Public Safety) The State of New Jersey NJ Home Services A to Z Departments/Agencies OAG Frequently Asked Questions
OAG Home
OAG Home OAG Contact
Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control
Division of Consumer Affairs
Division of Criminal Justice
Division on Civil Rights
Division of Gaming Enforcement
Division of Highway Traffic Safety
Division of Law
Juvenile Justice Commission
JJC Facilities
Moving Through The Juvenile Justice Commission Parole
JJC Specialized Needs Services
JJC Gang Awareness
JJC Localized Programs
NJ Racing Commission
Public Integrity and Accountablity
State Athletic Control Board
Division of NJ State Police
Victims of Crime Compensation Board
OPRA - Open Public Records Act
Juvenile Justice Commission
Juvenile Justice Commission
spacer spacer spacer

Prevention and Early Intervention

  Federal Grants  

View available grants

  Annually, the State of New Jersey, through the Department of Law & Public Safety - Juvenile Justice Commission, receives a Title IIB Formula Grant, a Title IIE Challenge Grant, a Title V Delinquency Prevention Grant and a Juvenile Accountability Incentive Block Grant (JAIBG) award from the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) in Washington, DC.  
  67% of the Title IIB Formula Grant must be spent on community-based projects while the remaining 33% may be spent on state level initiatives in accordance with the program areas listed in the State's Three Year Comprehensive Plan. Currently, the JJC allocates Title IIB Funding for compliance monitoring, disproportionate minority confinement, serious crime, innovative local law enforcement programs and systems improvements.  
  Title IIE Challenge Grant funding allows the State broad discretion in targeting spending for special populations or projects. Recent grants have been awarded to institute a detention reform project and to develop a gender specific model program.  
  Title V Risk Focused Delinquency Prevention Program Grant provides local communities with funding to develop primary prevention programs based upon identified problem behaviors and priority risk factors.  
  Along with the State Community Partnership and the State Incentive Programs, the grants administered through this office provide for a community-based continuum of sanctions and services for juvenile offenders and those at-risk of offending.  
Office of the Attorney General Homepage JJC Executive Director's Biography
JJC Executive Director's Biography
JJC Home About JJC
Contact JJC JJC Grants
JJC News JJC Policies
JJC Employment JJC Calendar
Proposed Rules JJC Programs
JJC Offices and  Units JJC Services from A to Z
JJC Library / Reports / Forms
JJC Boards / Committees / Councils
JDAI - Juvenile Detention Alternatives Initiative
General Career Opportunities
Correction Officer Opportunities
Gang Awareness Initiative
Moving Through the JJC System
NJ Sex Offender Registry
Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Legal Statement | Accessibility Statement
NJ Home Logo
Commission: JJC Home | Contact JJC | About JJC | JJC News | JJC Grants | JJC Employment
Departmental: OAG Home | Contact OAG | About OAG | OAG News | OAG FAQs
Statewide: NJ Home | Services A to Z | Departments/Agencies | FAQs
Copyright © State of New Jersey
This page is maintained by OAG Communications. Comments/Questions: email or call 609-292-4925