Nonpublic School Security Program
The New Jersey Nonpublic Security Program is authorized by the Secure Schools for All Children Act (P.L. 2016, c.49) signed into law on September 6, 2016. The law establishes a State aid program for the provision of security services, equipment, or technology to help ensure a safe and secure environment for students attending nonpublic schools.
The Nonpublic School Security Program requires the board of education in each public school district to adopt policies and procedures to provide security services, equipment, and technology to all qualifying nonpublic schools located in the public school district, within the limit of the funds appropriated. The security services, equipment, and technology may be provided directly by the board of education, by contracts with an educational services commission, or an independent contractor.
Statute and Code
- Nonpublic School Security Program Statute: N.J.S.A. 18A: 58-37.8 - 14
- Nonpublic School Security Program Code: To come
Guidance and Technical Assistance
- Nonpublic Security Program Guidelines - Updated March 2020; implement in FY2021
- Timeline for the Timely Delivery of Nonpublic School Services and Products
- Nonpublic School Security Aid Program Presentation (PDF | PPT)