The federally funded National Blue Ribbon Schools Program celebrates school excellence, turnaround stories, and closing student achievement gaps.
Each year, the New Jersey Department of Education nominates public schools that meet the eligibility requirements provided by the U.S. Department of Education. Nominated schools are then invited to apply by the U.S. Department of Education.
For more information on how the New Jersey Department of Education nominates schools, see our 2021 Public School Nomination Guide.
New Jersey Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence
2019 - 2020 Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence
- Clark Mills School, Manalapan-Englishtown Regional School District (Monmouth County)
- Superintendent: Dr. John Marciante Jr.
- Principal: Jayme Orlando
- County Prep High School, Hudson County Schools of Technology School District (Hudson County)
- Superintendent: Amy Lin-Rodriguez
- Principal: Barbara Mendolla
- Gould/Mountain Elementary School, North Caldwell School District (Essex County)
- Superintendent: Dr. Linda Freda
- Principal: Chris Checchetto
- Henry B. Milnes Elementary School, Fair Lawn Public School District (Bergen County)
- Superintendent: Nicholas Norcia
- Principal: Stephanie Primavera
- Island Heights Elementary School, Island Heights School District (Ocean County)
- Superintendent: Timothy Rehm
- Principal: Timothy Rehm
- Lillian M. Steen, Bogota Public School District (Bergen County)
- Superintendent: Damian Kennedy
- Principal: Dayle Santoro
- Number 5, Linden Public School District (Union County)
- Superintendent: Dr. Marnie Hazelton
- Principal: Laura Scamardella
- Old Turnpike School,Tewksbury Township (Hunterdon County)
- Superintendent: Dr. Jennifer Shouffler
- Principal: Dr. Michael Mitchell
- Riverview Elementary School, Denville Township K-8 School District (Morris County)
- Superintendent: Dr. Steven Forte
- Principal: Christina Theodoropoulos
Historical New Jersey National Blue Ribbon Schools (Excel)
A list of all New Jersey Blue Ribbon School winners.